1. The association shall be called ‘Halifax and District Beekeepers’ Association’ and shall be a branch of ‘The Yorkshire Beekeepers’ Association’.
2. The object of the Association shall be to promote the craft of beekeeping. This may be by means of meetings, lectures or any other method the Committee may think desirable.
3. The Association shall consist of a Chairman, Vice-
4. New members shall be admitted to the Association on payment of the current subscription, receive a copy of the rules and be registered with BBKA.
5. The affairs of the Association shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the Chairman, Vice-
6. Under the direction of the Committee, the Secretary shall conduct the correspondence and keep records of all the proceedings of the Association.
7. The Treasurer shall keep an account of all monies received and paid by the Association, produce vouchers and accounts whenever required by the Committee, and present an audited statement of accounts at the annual meeting.
8. The annual meeting of the Association shall be held in October of each year for the purpose of receiving from the Committee a report of the year’s work and an audited financial statement of the accounts of the Association, and for the election of officers and other members of the Committee and for the election of an auditor.
9. All members of the Committee shall retire annually but shall be eligible for re-
10. The Committee shall have power to receive the resignation of any officer, to fill any temporary vacancies on the Committee and to appoint subcommittees for any purpose.
11. Meetings of the Association shall be held as and when determined by the Committee.
12. An Extraordinary General Meeting of the Association may be called at any time by the Chairman or the Committee or must be called by the Secretary on receiving a request in writing signed by not less than ten members of the Association. Seven days’ notice of such meeting shall be given and the notice shall state the object for which the meeting is called.
13. In the absence of the Chairman from any meeting, a chairman shall be elected by those present.
14. The annual subscription for all classes of membership for the ensuing year shall be fixed at the Annual General Meeting and become due at that meeting.
15. Any member whose subscription has not been paid by the first day of December in any year shall be contacted by the Treasurer. Failing a satisfactory reply, membership shall lapse on the last day of December.
16. The Committee shall have power to determine any question of the interpretation of these rules as well as any matter that may arise, not provided for by these rules.
17. No alteration shall be made in any of these rules unless the proposal to alter, and the nature of the intended alteration, shall have been communicated in writing to the Secretary, and by him or her to the members in the circular convening the Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting. The alteration shall not be made unless the proposal is approved by two thirds of the members present.
18. The Association shall not be dissolved except at an Extraordinary General Meeting, and by a majority of three fourths of those present at such meeting.
19. In the case of the winding-
20. No surplus monies may be employed other than in the strict furtherance of the Association’s aims.
Revised April 2010